Welcome to Careers
Your Careers Leader and Teacher is Mrs. N. Mohamedali
We have developed a planned programme of activities to help students at Djanogly City Academy choose pathways that are right for them and to be able to manage their careers and sustain employability throughout their lives. Djanogly City Academy believes it has a responsibility to provide careers education in Years 7-11 and to give students access to careers information and impartial guidance.
The purpose of the Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) Programme is to provide a curriculum which will encourage the development of self-confidence, positive attitudes, determination and other qualities which will enable pupils to achieve satisfaction in the world beyond compulsory education. Through this programme, the pupils will have opportunities to develop decision-making skills with regard to interests, subjects, and jobs, and will also be provided with opportunities to develop an awareness of the “World of Work”.
- Students across all year groups will have opportunities to visit a number of different universities across the country. So far this year our students have visited The University of Nottingham, The University of Leicester and Cambridge University.
- Students across all year groups will have taken part in workshops run by the university that focus on raising aspiration and developing study skills.
- Students also have the chance to experience the workplace through our work experience programme in Year 10. There are also lots of opportunities for students to have interactions with employers within our local community and further afield.
- All students in year 11 have the chance to attend a career fair that provides information about local post 16 colleges and apprenticeship programmes
- Students in year 10 and 11 can attend ‘Taster Days’ where they can experience their chosen career or degree subject. This year we have had students attend a ‘Law’ and ‘Medical professions’ days at university.
Ten year 9 students this year will attend a 4 day ‘Summer School’ where they will attend university and live a student life! They have chosen what subject to study which includes Medicine, STEM, Arts, and Humanities.
Year 10 Work Experience 2019
Work experience dates for 2018-19 are Monday 24th June- Friday 28th June 2019.
Students are encouraged to make contact with employers using the booklet they will receive. In the booklet there is guidance on CV writing and interviews, additionally, we have extra help on our website. Explore the research or careerometer sub-page's to find career options and understand where your work placement would be most valuable.
- Big well done to our Year 8s!
Our Year 8 rugby team beat Trinity School yesterday afternoon! (Whole School - 07/03/2019)
- Midlands U16 Rugby
Well done to Tommy and Abdul! (Whole School - 23/02/2019)
- Year 11s move to our Sherwood Rise site
In preparation for their exams! (Whole School - 08/02/2019)
- Yr7 University of Nottingham Trip
Year 7s attend university workshops and tours around campus (Whole School - 28/01/2019)
- City School Cross Country
All scholars ran to the best of their ability, there were a few notable achievements!!! (Whole School - 17/01/2019)