We have developed a planned programme of activities to help students at Djanogly City Academy choose pathways that are right for them and to be able to manage their careers and sustain employability throughout their lives. Djanogly City Academy believes it has a responsibility to provide careers education in Years 7-11 and to give students access to careers information and impartial guidance.
The purpose of the Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) Programme is to provide a curriculum which will encourage the development of self-confidence, positive attitudes, determination and other qualities which will enable pupils to achieve satisfaction in the world beyond compulsary education. Through this programme the pupils will have opportunities to develop decision making skills with regard to interests, subjects and jobs, and will also be provided with opportunities to develop an awareness of the “World of Work”.
- Students across all year groups will have opportunities to visit a number of different universities across the country. So far this year our students have visited The University of Nottingham, The University of Leicester and Cambridge University.
- Students across all year groups will have taken part in workshops run by the university that focus on raising aspiration and developing study skills.
- Students also have the chance to experience the work place through our work experience programme in Year 10. There are also lots of opportunities for students to have interactions with employers within our local community and further afield.
- All students in year 11 have the chance to attend a careers fair that provides information about local post 16 colleges and apprenticeship programmes
- Students in year 10 and 11 can attend ‘Taster Days’ where they can experience their chosen career or degree subject. This year we have had students attend a ‘Law’ and ‘Medical professions’ days at university.
Ten year 9 students this year will attend a 4 day ‘Summer School’ where they will attend university and live a student life! They have chosen what subject to study which includes Medicine, STEM, Arts and Humanities.
Year 10 Work Experience 2018
Work experience dates for 2017-18 are Monday 25th June- Friday 29th June 2018.
Students are encouraged to make contact with employers using the booklet they have received. In the booklet there is guidance on CV writing and interviews. Lots of students have already secured placements and are very much looking forward to their first real experience of the workplace.
Your careers link teacher is Mrs N. Mohamedali
- April 27th Y7 Poetry Performance
A date for your diary... (Whole School - 11/04/2018)
- Djanogly Students Develop grit, determination and team work
9 enthusiastic students embarked on an amazing journey to Jamie’s Farm (Whole School - 29/01/2018)
- Year 10's go to Wales!
Welcome back to the warm and congratulations to the Year 10 boys! (Whole School - 04/12/2017)
- Farm Residential Trip
11 enthusiastic and energetic students embarked on an amazing journey to Jamie’s Farm in Hereford (Whole School - 01/11/2017)
- Sports Day
Annual Sports Day (Physical Education - 17/07/2017)