BTEC Level 3 sport
The BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport is intended to be a practical and theory qualification for post-16 learners wanting to continue their education, and who aim to progress to University and employment, possibly in the sports sector.
The course is;
- 70% coursework modules - consisting of 10 units
- 30% exams - consisting of 4 exams
The course is delivered by qualified PE teachers.
Scholars use academy supplied Google Chromebooks, with work and lessons completed in Google Classroom.
- Professional Development
- Sports Leadership
- Fitness Testing
- Sports Psychology
- Practical Sport Performance
- Sports Coaching
- Research Methods
- Sports Injury
- Skill Acquisition
- Rules and Officiating in Sport
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Fitness Training & Programming
- Sports Development
- Business in Sport
We now have three options to study BTEC Level 3 Sport here at Djanogly City Academy.
Option 1 - Triple Sport (Equivalent to 3 A Levels)
Option 2 - Double Sport & 1 A Level (of your choice)
Option 3 - Single Sport & 2 A Levels (of your choice)
With all 3 options, you can also join any of the PMG academies shown below, or Nottingham Forest Football Academy
Why study BTEC Level 3 Sport at Djanogly...
- Unlike most colleges who offer this course, we give you the opportunity to gain a Level 2 Coaching Award.
- Get paid up to £25 an hour to coach your sport in local primary schools and your local club
- Be a sports leader at Djanogly City Academy - coaching in primary schools and with years 7-11
- Holme Pierrepont Outdoor Adventure
- Sporting Events - Football, Cricket, Rugby, Tennis
- Employment and Careers
Dedicated Tutors - offering help with;
- Career advice
- CV writing
- Job applications
- University tours
- UCAS applications
Free use of Djanogly Leisure Centre Gym
Experience Primary PE teaching at Djanogly Primary Schools